Becoming a University Society
Any club or society consisting wholly or partly of current undergraduate or postgraduate students in the University may apply to the Junior Proctor for registration as a University Society.
Registration is not mandatory but does provide certain benefits which are not available to unregistered clubs or societies. For example:
- only registered clubs and societies may apply to the Societies Syndicate for financial assistance;
- registered clubs and societies may also be covered by the University’s public liability insurance policy when hiring premises or facilities; and
- registered clubs and societies are also entitled to space on the University’s web pages.
Detailed notes on registering clubs and societies, and useful supporting documentation, are available to help you in the process:
- Detailed notes on registering Societies (includes specimen accounts form and a sample constitution)
- Form for notifying us of the current list of officers
- Sample accounts form
You can see a list of all currently registered Societies.